How To Look Stylish In Traditional Indian Wear
Indian wear is undoubtedly the most versatile costume all over the world.
Not only women, but even the men also look incredibly stylish in dhoti kurta and other forms of Indian men’s wear.
The working women often wear traditional Indian clothing such as cotton Kurtis and long Kurtis with palazzo pants to their office and look elegant and stylish effortlessly.
It is imperative to pick up the right pieces so that you can look your best. Here we share how to look stylish in traditional Indian wear.
How to choose the traditional dresses
1. Dress material: A right fabric is the essence of the entire look of the dress. So, you need to get the right material for you.
Dresses are made from different fabrics like cotton, wool, chiffon, polyester, silk, and other clothing materials. You can choose which dress material you like most.
You can also try new fabric, which most of us are hesitant to do.
2. Shop as per your body type: One of the most important considerations, which most of us ignore is that you need to buy a dress that goes well with your body shape to make you look splendid.
In general Anarkali or jacketed dress is a good choice for straight figure.
The woman with a pear-shaped body can wear georgette sarees, crepe suits, high slit Kurtis, simple lehenga, etc. Apple body type women can wear a heavily embroidered blouse with saree, long-sleeved blouse, v neck ethnic tops, etc.
In fact you can check our post on How To Select Best Traditional Dress According To Your Body Shape.
3. Explore trending outfits: In your leisure time, you can explore online fashion websites to see new and exciting fabrics, patterns, and designs of traditional dresses.
This will help you in selecting the most distinguished outfit for you when you initiate shopping.
4. Fitting: If you find any splendid dress and craving to buy it then make sure it fits you.
5. Go for Indo western fusion: Don’t afraid to try something unique.
You would have observed that these days Indian dresses come with a western touch such as crop top lehenga, halter lehenga choli, etc. You can wear one of these on special occasions such as a wedding or festival.
Kurtis with jeans is a typical Indo western fusion dress that finds its place in the wardrobe of many offices going women and college students. To make it more stylish, add some light junk jewellery such as a bangle or earrings.
Traditional dresses are for everyone. Its simplicity has touched many from all over the world. They are the perfect attire for every occasion.